This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What's Next on the Traveling Agenda?

It may only be Wednesday and most people are thankful for the middle of the weekend and counting down til the weekend arrives. But for me the weekend begins today! I fly out this evening for Germany and will spend through the weekend exploring different cities and hopefully getting my fill of Christmas markets. I am looking forward to this trip and another great experience. Due to a successful couchsurfing experience in London, I am again couchsurfing in Germany. I am staying with a family in Mainz...they sound like a lovely family and I can't wait to meet them and their three kids. Sure to be a fun filled weekend and of course there will be stories to be told on Sunday/Monday when I return.

Looking forward to the weekend away before the craziness of next week. I have a couple projects left to finish for EIU and I get officially observed next Thursday. After that I will be able to breathe a little and enjoy my last remaining time here in Ireland. Going to make the most of every day that I am still here....it is going to be a great remaining couple of weeks and there are plenty of things going on that will keep me busy.
For now though it is off to Germany I go! So happy early weekend to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment