This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Almost Current with My Postings….Wednesday and Thursday!


Things have been rather peaceful yesterday and today. I am getting excited about taking over and doing more and more in the classroom and am actually preparing my own lessons for the next couple weeks. I can’t believe we only have two weeks left until our Midterm Fall Break. Time really goes by fast around here! Definitely looking forward to break though and getting to spend the week traveling Ireland with Meg. Talk about the ultimate road trip!

Wednesday night I got to actually feel useful around the house as I prepared lasagna for dinner for the family. The kids are actually very picky eaters but Maureen is trying to get them to try more foods that aren’t junk food. So this week it has been a lot of trying new types of food. It just actually felt good to really cook again.
After dinner I went out for my run and managed not to get rained or hailed on! Then it was off to basketball training, which ended up being a great workout. I am enjoying the time out of the house and hanging with others playing ball.

I don’t know if it is just me or the lack of sleep this week but I feel like this week is never ending. I mean it is going fast but also seems so slow! I am looking forward to the weekend and am hoping it is full of rest! Tonight I introduced the girls to quesadillas and thank goodness they actually enjoyed them! It feels great to be cooking and also helping out more in the evenings. I know that times are difficult right now and I am just thankful to help out in whatever way that I can.

The internet is not staying connected tonight so I had to type all my blog updates and now I need to see if I can get them transferred/copied onto my blog. It is late and I am exhausted so I hope this works or else it will wait till tomorrow. The important thing is my blog updates are now current…even if it took me posting 4 updates in one evening. Being gone over the weekend got me off my routine of posting and then this week just got away from me. But I am almost current with my happenings in Ireland and will try and stay more on top of things! So now let’s get these posts posted so I can get to bed! Tomorrow is Friday and that makes me very happy! And quite possibly a package could be arriving tomorrow with goodies and that makes me very very happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment