


Today I did something I had yet to do since arriving in Sneem.....I went on a drive past my driveway!! It is really funny but up until today I have never been on the road going south past the driveway. Being that it is a main road I don't bike or run on it and everywhere else we go is north towards town. I was excited to be heading to a new place and it sure didn't disappoint. Maureen, Tara, Rachel, and I packed a picnic lunch and headed down to Catherdaniel and the Derrynane Beach. The views there are spectacular. We spent some time walking the beach and the dunes. We visited the historical site, of the Derrynane House and then on the way back we stopped at the Staigue Stone Fort. It was a nice day to just get out of the house and do something for a little while. The temperature was a little cooler than the past couple days but we didn't let that stop us. I must say that I never tire of driving around Ireland. There is always something to see and views that
can't be described.
The evening was a quiet one spent doing laundry, writing lesson plans, looking for things to do and places to stay during my week long road trip of Ireland. I really can't believe that Midterm Break is only a week away. I feel like I just got here and just started my placement at the school. Coming up on 6 weeks since I have arrived in Ireland....my time here is definitely going by fast....too fast. So much I still want to do and see and experience! Better get in gear and make the most of every minute, hour, and day!
No comments:
Post a Comment