After fighting with the internet connection and my blog site last night and today I finally managed to get all my blog updates posted complete with pictures! I think it would be easier to be more diligent and post regularly than to play catch up! But thankfully they are done and my week has been recorded!
It was a good day at school...I am really enjoying my time at the school and getting to know the students in the 4th/5th/6th classes. I really like doing one on one projects/lessons with each class, but also love the interaction of multiple classes in one classroom. We have been working on a nutrition and healthy eating unit and spent some time today working on posters and plans to promote healthy eating next week. I get to do more lessons and plans of my own next week which I am very excited about...so I need to spend the weekend preparing!
As I sit here I realized that through all my updates I just completed I forgot to announce that I booked a trip to London for the first weekend in November! I am excited to do some traveling outside of Ireland and see parts of the world that I have yet to see. I am really hoping to get a trip to Germany planned and booked for December here in the near future. I really want to visit the Christmas Markets that Germany is famous for and also see the villages where my ancestors were from. And of course if any other cheap flights come up I could be jet setting off to some other destination as well! Already being on this side of the ocean makes things a lot more accessible to visit!
Tonight I minded the girls for a couple hours and after dinner we made brownies that turned out to be the most delicious brownies I have ever had! I hope to do some more baking and cooking for the family here. They haven't heard of or tried quite a few things that are very popular back home so I must give them a new cultural experience! They don't know what they are into especially when I start doing holiday baking! Oh how I can't wait!!
I vow every night to go to bed early and that hasn't happened it quite some time, but thankfully I do get to sleep in tomorrow morning. Now to shut off the internal body clock so I can actually sleep in!! So I am now off to get some sleep and rest easily knowing that my blog is completely current!
This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!
No comments:
Post a Comment