The Baking Aisle at SuperValu
I went to SuperValu, which is a large grocery store located in Kenmare, in search of cake mixes, brownie mixes, and chocolate chips. I was all excited to get equipped to do some baking with the girls over the weekend. Much to my disbelief and complete shock there was a very limited choice and NO chocolate chips. The above picture is the entire baking section at SuperValu. Yes...the entire section! I literally just stood there in disbelief. I then thought...alright no problem I will just make things from scratch, but how can I make chocolate chip cookies when there are no chocolate chips. I think I have gotten far too used to having Wal-mart and Meijer who both have so many choices and types of brownies and cakes that I didn't even consider a grocery store not having a selection to choose from. So now I am in search of cake recipes and brownie recipes...I will bake from scratch...I will find a way!
What a bummer... I will make a note to add chocolate chips in the next box :)
ReplyDelete