Here it is...my very first post! As most of you know I am participating in a student teaching abroad program in Sneem, Ireland this semester. I write this from the airport as I sit here waiting to board the plane. I will be returning to Illinois on December 24th...just in time for Christmas! For those of you interested in learning more about the town I will be living in for the next few months check out this website, http://www.sneem.com/. I can't wait to get there and be able to describe it all to you in detail. It is my hope to be diligent in posting so everyone here at home can follow me and be a part of this experience. I have been fortunate enough to be placed with a host family and I am looking forward to meeting them and getting to know them. I will be doing my student teaching at St. Michaels National School in Sneem, Ireland. The school is very small and has less than 70 students in their K - Grade 6 classrooms. I have yet to be assigned to a classroom, but am open to whatever grade I am assigned. I can't wait to be in the classroom and start meeting new people and of course the students.
To all of my friends and family I thank you for all of your love and support. I wouldn't be here without all of your encouragement. Of course, I miss you already but look forward to being able to share my experience abroad with you. It seems like yesterday that I was talking about applying for this program and now I am minutes from boarding the plane and beginning the journey! I am excited and know that God has opened all the doors to get here and will continue to do so throughout this entire experience.
So this is just the beginning....keep visiting over the next few months! The next blog will be from Ireland and I hope to have a great story to share with you! Until then....take care!!
This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!
No comments:
Post a Comment