Look What Came Today!!
A package from home certainly brightens up a Monday! Thanks Mom for all the goodies! We are certainly enjoying them! I forgot how delightful it is to receive mail that isn't a bill!! The family I am staying with used to live in the states when the kids were younger...the girls remembered how much they liked goldfish crackers and you can't buy them here! So they were very happy when two packages of them arrived in my package!
| Excited about their Goldfish! |
| Yummy...some JIF peanut butter! So Excited!! |
Today has been such a great day! It hasn't rained at all today...which is a first since I have been here. The weather was absolutely beautiful! The sun and warmer temps were certainly welcomed and definitely brightened my spirits!
I have been in contact with some other student teachers from the states that are in Ireland right now and hopefully will be getting plans together to see some of them soon! It feels great to be connecting with others and making plans! I joined a womens basketball league that trains on Monday and Wednesday evenings with games beginning in October. I went to training tonight and it was quite the workout but I had such a great time getting out and meeting people. I am starting to feel more like me...getting involved. I am not one to be content sitting at home every night so having a planned activity a couple nights a week is amazing!
Tomorrow I teach my first lesson to the 1st/2nd/3rd grades classroom. I am doing a unit that will span over the rest of this week and is centered around a book that we will be reading. I am excited to actually get a chance to do some teaching. And surprisingly or maybe not so much I am not nervous at all. Things are really laid back in this classroom with very little teaching done out of textbooks so it is nice to be able to plan something completely on my own. Now let's just pray it actually does go well!!
A couple more words that I remembered today:
How I Would Say It: In Ireland We Say It:
* practice * training
* trunk of a car * boot
* tennis shoes/sneakers * runners
*When the letters mh are together in a word they are pronounced as a "v" sound! So the names here aren't pronounced as they are spelled!
The more I learn the more I will pass along!! Until next time......Slan!! (Good-bye)
No comments:
Post a Comment