Today was probably one of the best weather days since my arrival in Ireland! It was on the warmer side...upper 60s...lovely and sunny! Another day of no rain...that makes two in a row and number 3 since I have been here! There are a few loops around the Kerry Way that start and end right in Sneem. So I decided to use this gorgeous day to go out and enjoy the beauty of Ireland. I chose the Lomanagh Loop...it is a little over 6 miles in length. I enjoyed the the journey and took in all there was even the beauty of the silence that surrounded me. As I climbed further and further I would stop and turn and enjoy the view from where I came from. Every twist and turn up brought new sites and each were equally breathtaking. I definitely recommend it...I really can't describe it all in words. I loved wandering through pastures and gravel paths and enjoying every step of the journey. Can't wait to do the next loop....Fermoyle Loop...it is longer but goes in a direction I have yet to explore so I am excited for that!
It has been a quiet evening around the house. The family I am staying with has been gone since Wednesday. They went to Galway to visit Maureen's mom who has been ill lately. She has seemed to taken a turn for the worst and had another heart attack yesterday. Please pray for her that she may make a full recovery. And also pray for the family! I know this is a very rough time for them!
While enjoying the quiet evening I used the time to upload quite a few pictures to my facebook page of not only Ireland but also my family throughout this year. I have been quite the slacker about keeping my facebook page updated with recent pictures. Sad it takes me going to Ireland to have time to do this...what is wrong with me?!!? Hopefully though this will get me out of trouble with my nieces who keep begging me to upload pictures!
Sadly I feel like I am leaving something out but I am exhausted so if I think of it I will add it to another post!
This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!
No comments:
Post a Comment