So I think I have figured out part of my problem for not sleeping. As my family and closest friends are aware I have to have a fan on in order to sleep...well there has been no fan...I guess you really shouldn't try breaking a habit and adjusting to a new place/time zone all at once! But I am thrilled to report I located a fan at the house and it is plugged in and ready to put me to sleep!! Some habits are just part of who I am!!
This evening I went out cycling around the countryside and it was absolutely amazing and delightful. I loved riding along taking in every sight and totally in awed in the beauty of my surroundings. Every hill and twist and turn in the road uncovered yet another pleasant sight. I kept wanting to go further and further just to see what was on the other side of the hill or just around the curve. I went off the road in a couple of spots and sometimes the best views are ones you have to get off the beaten path to see. I really enjoyed my time out cycling and am determined to go out on longer trips and take in all that I can. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it but now that I have a taste for it I long for more. I think day trips will be a must soon!
Before dinner I called my younger brother who was surprised that I was calling! It was so nice to hear a familiar voice on the other end. He was busy hauling grain so we only talked a few minutes. I can't believe harvest is in full swing!
I must say that sometimes it is best to ask what you ate after you have eaten it! I had lamb for dinner and I must admit it was very good and a tender meat!
After dinner I was able to chat with my mom through Skype and that was very exciting! It was good to see her and for her to see me! See mom sometimes trying out new technology really is worth all the hassle! Tara and Rachel love sitting with me and using the webcam! They think it is really cool and they enjoy seeing my friends and family! They have been such a joy to have around and I enjoy spending time with them and even reading them stories at bedtime!
Speaking of bedtime...it is way past mine! I am taking the bus to Killarney tomorrow to walk around exploring and possibly do some shopping! Before I go I shall add some pictures for your viewing pleasure!
The following are some pictures I took while out today! I hope you enjoy them and see the beauty through my eyes!
the sheep grazing photos are awesome!!
ReplyDelete