Not too much to report today. It has just been a nice and quiet day. I slept in a little today because I was blessed with sleep last night so I thought I would enjoy it! Went to church today which was a different experience...one I won't really go into here. Spent the afternoon moving my stuff downstairs into the room where I will be staying for the rest of my time here. It is so nice to have everything unpacked and in a place. I feel settled unlike living out of suitcases...or a car for that matter! After hanging everything up and taking a look in the closet at all the clothes and shoes...I was simply amazed at how much Niki actually crammed into one suitcase for me! And there was a pair of shoes in there I didn't even know I brought! I have a great sister-in-law!! Love her! Wonder if she will fly over and pack my suitcase again for the trip home?!
Oh...I can't forget that I got to chat with two of the best friends a girl could ask for! Always a good time when I get to talk to my girls! They always make me laugh! Love them!
I must say that I am feeling truly blessed with the family that I am living with. I haven't been here quite a week yet and I feel so much like part of the family. I am finding my way around the house and helping out when things need to be done. It is nice to sit in the kitchen and chat while Maureen is cooking or hang out watching a movie with the girls.
Maureen and I went out for a bit this evening...just to get out of the house. It was nice to go out and talk and spend some time getting to know more about each other. Plus it doesn't hurt to go out and socialize with the locals! Tomorrow is my first day at the school and while I am nervous, I am also super excited! It will be great to be in the classroom again and doing what I love. I can't wait to begin working with the children and seeing how the school system is different and/or similar to that back home. I will probably have lots to write about in my first few days and/or weeks in the school as I become familiar with the system, the students, and the teachers.
This is shorter than most of my posts but I must get some sleep so I am well rested for my first day of school! One great thing I like about the school already is that we don't start til twenty after nine...with teachers arriving at nine! Now that is blissful! And we still get out at three! Maybe I should find a job in Ireland!!!
Til I write again!! Many blessings!!
This blog is a memoir of my time student teaching in Ireland. I arrived in Sneem, Ireland on September 7th and began student teaching in St. Michaels National School on September 13th. My time here in Ireland will come to a close on December 24th. I am very excited about living and learning the culture of Ireland and the unique dynamics of an Irish school. Also while I am here I hope to travel throughout Ireland exploring all of the history and beauty this country holds. I know that this experience will be life changing and I hope to meet many people during my stay here that will have a huge impact on my life and hopefully me on theirs!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Nine o'clock!? That sure does beat the 7:30 I've been pulling... that's it.. I'm moving! :)
ReplyDelete